Friday, January 13, 2012

December Appearances

 December 3rd: volunteering with Safe And Sober during the UNR vs Idaho football game. I volunteered during the the December 3rd football game to check ID’s and put on bracelets to football fans who were of legal age to drink. 
This process is important because not only does this procedure help stop underage drinking but by volunteering this service the Washoe County Safe and Sober Committee makes a cash donation to the Safe & Sober Fund. Thanks to all of the wonderful volunteers a total of $800 dollars was raised that day!

Macy's National Believe Day December 9th.
Locally, I helped raise $400 dollars for the Make A Wish Foundation through the Macy's Believe Campaign and overall $1,000,000 dollars was raised thanks to everyone who participated around the country! Great job everyone and thank-you Macy's!!! 
The money raised will grant special wishes to children with life threatening medical conditions! For more information about how you can get involved with the Make A Wish Foundation please visit http://www.wish.org/.

December 4th: Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society fundraising. 

On December 4th I was able to volunteer with my local honor society chapter, Alpha Pi Gamma, to raise money for student scholarships by selling concessions at the Reno Film Festival. 
A huge thank-you goes to Pepsi for generously donating the soda's! Pepsi's donation helped us raise money for a very deserving honor society student.
December 16th: Holiday Performance with Caughlin Ranch Elementary School Honor Choir. On December 16th I woke up early to surprise the Caughlin Ranch students in that I would be helping with their choir performance at three convalescent homes and would be eating lunch with them. 

It was so thrilling to see their faces light up when they met me. The students were so much fun that instead of taking my own car to each performance site I decided to ride the school bus with them. I honestly can say that it was the first time I was fought over as to who would sit next to me on the school bus (lol).

While visiting one of the convalescent homes I was also able to meet Miss Carson City 1951! 

It was really neat to hear her story and she was so excited to see another pageant titleholder taking the time to visit with students and preform for senior citizens.      


Thanks everyone for reading! Catch you next time!
Love,
Alina Jackson
Miss United States All World Beauties

No comments:

Post a Comment